PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Element for Beating Bosses

Got a question ? or a suggestion about our site or server? post it here :)
Smurf
Dino Master
Tribe: Tribe of Smurf

Re: Element for Beating Bosses

Post#21 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:44 am

Plexor wrote:
So what are you wanting then?

Fair drop of 2x - 3x.[/quote]
Look believe whatever you want I've provided proof I play. I played my first 3 or 4 months on vanilla before they started having 2 times weekends and specialized dinos for everything resource gathering wise. The idea of tippling or quadrupling the amount of element you get per boss destroys the whole purpose of tek gear on this sort of server. Doubling would be ok I guess but truth be told I think it should stay as it is. Tek gear is end game stuff for the true server alphas not mid game for middlings.

Anyway I'll see you after server wipe....[/quote]

Tell me why a core part of gameplay should be limited to certain people, we all joined this server for the boosted rates you included otherwise you'd have stayed on Officials now having official rates on Element is wrong. Yes you speak of server alpha's well on Officials these are the tribes that have 30+ members who can easily farm element but we are not on officials and we are only allowed 6 Members per tribe most of which have busy working lifes ect. And yes I don't think someone who isn't playing on "The Island" server should have a say on what the drop rate is but I implore you come over spend weeks grinding out raising your rexes then levelling them collect all that is needed and get your 10 element for all your trouble then do it another 7x to build yourself a Tek replicator.

Plexor
Donator
Donator
Tribe: Zenith

Post#22 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:48 am

Ragnarok wrote:Tek gear is end game stuff for the true server alphas not mid game for middlings.

And like I said if you don't like how it is you can join officials to be the HARD CORE ALPHA, hope you get some sleep then :D.

I am currently assuming that you do not know how the scale is worked here on Munk's Island server and its fair as it can get without going overboard.

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#23 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:57 pm

To be fair.....

Smurf

If you lost multiple rex's doing hard megapithecus maybe you shouldnt bother playing the game in general.. that's the easiest boss even in comparison to brood.

Smurf
Dino Master

Post#24 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:06 pm

To be fair that was the 2nd boss I've ever done but hey if you're and expert and so leet please part with some wisdom to us mere mortals who make mistakes.

Milhouse
Dino Master
Tribe: Floogals

Post#25 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:31 pm

Gambit wrote:To be fair.....

Smurf

If you lost multiple rex's doing hard megapithecus maybe you shouldnt bother playing the game in general.. that's the easiest boss even in comparison to brood.

Hey you know some of us play the game for you know fun. So what if they lost dinos during the fight. Does it personally affect you? I highly doubt it does. If you dont have anything constructive to say or positive how about just keeping it to yourself being a bully online isnt a cool thing to be doing

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#26 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:02 pm

Milhouse wrote:
Hey you know some of us play the game for you know fun. So what if they lost dinos during the fight. Does it personally affect you? I highly doubt it does. If you dont have anything constructive to say or positive how about just keeping it to yourself being a bully online isnt a cool thing to be doing

Let me phrase this by saying Gambit and I are certainly not friends, however I respect him as a player. And you should take his words as constructive considering he had tek gear on the island recently if what I've heard is correct.

Smurf
Dino Master

Post#27 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:28 pm

Ragnarok wrote:
Milhouse wrote:

Let me phrase this by saying Gambit and I are certainly not friends, however I respect him as a player. And you should take his words as constructive considering he had tek gear on the island recently if what I've heard is correct.

Except that nothing he said was constructive criticism, it pretty much came out as "Get Good". And getting tek isnt the hard part, yes i screwed the pooch on the monkey by being in there on a rex fighting ive learnt that the issue is devoting your entire play time to it from coming online to getting off with a small tribe this is the reality. If it was simply doubled that would suffice and allow some of us to have fun building underwater bases or simply joking around flying like superman without worry of using it for 5 minutes and thinking i gotta go cram a boss in before i can fly again. This simply comes down to the fun factor. Alot of us on this server play here for the increased rates so we can do things we would never get to on officials cause of lifes commitments i dont see why tek should be different it in no way shape of form hands you a I WIN button.

Plexor
Donator
Donator
Tribe: Zenith

Post#28 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:42 pm

Some players forget that plyaers come to Munki's server just to have fun as it has based protection for weekdays and like some put it increased harverst rate.

If they want an e-trophy badge, 1x gather rate or constant PvP warfare with no base once they login after a nights sleep game they can move to officials where there are bigger tribe limits and normal 1x rates.

First and foremost ARK is not "A game about grinding" but a "sandbox game" and this is the reason why the developers left custom rate settings for unofficial servers.

There is a difference between a sandbox and e-sports game, want to be competetive with an e-badge and win $500k USD in cash , play Blizzard's esports game, do not play ARK with modified setttings or modded.

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#29 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:06 pm

1200 element with a tek rex saddle is 24000 shots of lasers. 24000 times 60 damage 1440000 of damage to metal. Assuming you get every shot perfect that's 96 foundations you can destroy with one dragon on hard. That means peoples turret towers will fall, and their base will get a very large hole in it all from being outside of turret distance. Now maybe tek turrets will shoot further distances or maybe they will hit tek shots from rifles and rexs but we don't know yet.

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#30 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:20 pm

I had 4 people and 4 rexes do hard brood/megapithecus. ( never touched dragon )

Never lost more then a few thousand health on each.

and as i'm currently inactive; i'll freely provide these stats from my rex blood lines.

Endashi, Azurai, Gadar'el and Charger were the ones we used for fighting bosses. (90-100% imprinting)

Having extra unridden rexes actually makes it harder especially if you're worrying about keeping them alive e.g. running around trying to move them through whistles.