PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Element for Beating Bosses

Got a question ? or a suggestion about our site or server? post it here :)
Smurf
Dino Master
Tribe: Tribe of Smurf

Re: Element for Beating Bosses

Post#31 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:26 pm

Ragnarok wrote:1200 element with a tek rex saddle is 24000 shots of lasers. 24000 times 60 damage 1440000 of damage to metal. Assuming you get every shot perfect that's 96 foundations you can destroy with one dragon on hard. That means peoples turret towers will fall, and their base will get a very large hole in it all from being outside of turret distance. Now maybe tek turrets will shoot further distances or maybe they will hit tek shots from rifles and rexs but we don't know yet.

Then easy remove the bloody rex tek saddle from the learnable Engrams, as I have stated i dont really give two craps about raiding ive been on the island 3 months and never raided all i want is more element for my trouble to have fun with as this is why we play games. You may say go play singleplayer but we all know we play cause we like the community.

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#32 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:27 pm

Frankly, with the enhanced taming, gathering, breeding and what not theres no major gain. Just do a few hard megapithecus a week at current element gains and you're fine. 10 minutes in the arena per fight. not exactly a big chunk of play time gone.

Smurf
Dino Master

Post#33 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:13 pm

Gambit wrote:Frankly, with the enhanced taming, gathering, breeding and what not theres no major gain. Just do a few hard megapithecus a week at current element gains and you're fine. 10 minutes in the arena per fight. not exactly a big chunk of play time gone.

Again you completely miss the point the arena isnt the problem its the preparation beforehand with the artifacts and the tributes, I can atleast take on what Ragnarok is saying even though he is on a different server but yourself it clearly states you as inactive so why do you feel the need to chime in on something that has absolutely no influence on yourself..

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#34 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:20 pm

Smurf wrote:Again you completely miss the point the arena isnt the problem its the preparation beforehand with the artifacts and the tributes, I can atleast take on what Ragnarok is saying even though he is on a different server but yourself it clearly states you as inactive so why do you feel the need to chime in on something that has absolutely no influence on yourself..

What do you actually find slow about it? If you have fast ms and grappling hooks you can run every cave in minutes apart from the swamp cave which takes a bit of time as you need a frog and the water caves which are easy enough now they have fixed squids.

Plexor
Donator
Donator
Tribe: Zenith

Post#35 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:26 pm

Hmm I guess there's more theorycrafting, 4 of the Rexes stats do not match up to handle hard Megapithecus which has 550k hp as stated on the wiki on melee damange on 300's in 15 minutes.

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Megapithecus#hard

I think you're assuming those Rexes does( [62x308.1%] +[62x302.2%]+ [62x308.1%] + [62x308.1%]) dmg per 1.09 seconds what you get is 55x of it per minute which constitutes ([191.022] + [187.364] + [191.022] + [191.022])

and that is [760.43 x 55]; a total of 41,830.25 damage per minute and 627,453.75 damage in 15 minutes.

This is all assuming any of you do not die from rock fall damage of instant 4.5k.

WIth your rex HP on only 10k it takes only 3x rock fall damage to kill you all.

Gambit wrote:I had 4 people and 4 rexes do hard brood/megapithecus. ( never touched dragon )

And this is what killed us (the ridden rexes) so this stament clarifies alot that you did not do Megapithecus.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#36 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:09 pm

Troops

As you all know I have been a resident on Munkis server for nearly 12 months, in that time I have gotten on with most tribes, helped them in their infancy, watched them grow to Alpha or almost Alpha (beta?) status and generally they then fall apart at the seams and implode. It's almost a standard procedure.

This thread is a much needed debate on end game resources, for a tier that I think everyone finds bewildering in a prehistoric based PvP game that already suffers tremendous imbalance. I have no intention of firing my bullets into this target as I will leave it to the active players (I am on an Ark holiday).

I will however say this to assist, I have always played the Island and I know Jefe, Ragnarok, and Gambit well. They are all highly experienced players who have an intrinsic understanding of the game, strategically and also tactically. Whilst I consider myself to be experienced particularly in designing bases for security and crafting efficiency (I miss my beer garden...) when it comes to raiding I look to these three for their informed comment. The only other players I would include at this level of Ark knowledge is Fred and Stick. I also have 12 months experience on officials, both Island and Center PvP, and have seen many alphas operate including VDD. I started a tribe which grew to 30+ people on official 435. Looking back on these experiences, I have seen very few, if any, players who could compete with the knowledge and experience these 5 have.

Everyone has a valid opinion in these forums, and are entitled to voice them, but I just wanted to independently clarify that these players have the experience they claim, and there is a lot to be taken from their advice, as robust as it may be (Don't take anything personally, this is Ark).

I wish you all the best whatever the outcome of this debate.

We now resume normal programming :mrgreen:

Smurf
Dino Master

Post#37 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:23 pm

DattoSSS wrote:Troops

As you all know I have been a resident on Munkis server for nearly 12 months, in that time I have gotten on with most tribes, helped them in their infancy, watched them grow to Alpha or almost Alpha (beta?) status and generally they then fall apart at the seams and implode. It's almost a standard procedure.

This thread is a much needed debate on end game resources, for a tier that I think everyone finds bewildering in a prehistoric based PvP game that already suffers tremendous imbalance. I have no intention of firing my bullets into this target as I will leave it to the active players (I am on an Ark holiday).

I will however say this to assist, I have always played the Island and I know Jefe, Ragnarok, and Gambit well. They are all highly experienced players who have an intrinsic understanding of the game, strategically and also tactically. Whilst I consider myself to be experienced particularly in designing bases for security and crafting efficiency (I miss the beer garden...) when it comes to raiding I look to these three for their informed comment. The only other I would include at this level of Ark knowledge is Fred.

Everyone has a valid opinion in these forums, and are entitled to voice them, but I just wanted to independently clarify that these players have the experience they claim, and there is a lot to be taken from their advice, as robust as it may be.

I wish you all the best whatever the outcome of this debate.

We now resume normal programming :mrgreen:

This in bold is exactly the argument We have two people who are not active on the island in a discussion about the island. Munki is running a trial with the tek Bench on The Centre and SE why would it be so difficult to run a 2x Element drop experiment on The island until the next wipe?

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#38 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:31 pm

Smurf wrote:
This in bold is exactly the argument We have two people who are not active on the island in a discussion about the island. Munki is running a trial with the tek Bench on The Centre and SE why would it be so difficult to run a 2x Element drop experiment on The island until the next wipe?
Show me where it says that this forum is only open to people currently playing the island right now? And like I said I will be back on the island next wipe so what is decided now will directly affect me in the near future. Just learn to not be a scrub and get your grind on, if you seriously struggle to get 10 artifacts in a timely manner you don't deserve tek gear, it wasn't made for people like you. In the immortal words of Kiff "get good scrubs!"

Smurf
Dino Master

Post#39 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:42 pm

Ragnarok wrote:
Smurf wrote:
Show me where it says that this forum is only open to people currently playing the island right now? And like I said I will be back on the island next wipe so what is decided now will directly affect me in the near future. Just learn to not be a scrub and get your grind on, if you seriously struggle to get 10 artifacts in a timely manner you don't deserve tek gear, it wasn't made for people like you. In the immortal words of Kiff "get good scrubs!"

Yeah i'm quite sure you have far superior knowledge to me, but then again with 1800+ more hours I would surely hope so. You are right I do struggle getting 10 Artifacts in a timely manner thanks Life for getting in the way of what's important Ark. Again your reading comprehension is outstanding I truly commend you on that, I clearly stated why not test it on Island server for remainder of this run until the wipe so hence it has absolutely no impact on your play style at all. K thx bye.

Plexor
Donator
Donator
Tribe: Zenith

Post#40 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:47 pm

I am assuming topic is swarmed with jelousy from ex-players, who quit for a reason before tek got out and their strong objections with theory crafting is preventing current players having their fun.