PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Issues with new servers --- post here

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Issues with new servers --- post here

Post#1 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:35 pm

If you have any issues on the new servers.. please post here, including your in game name, and server name you are playing on.

- Please note i am still working on the player xp list, so max levels are currently locked at 100
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Milhouse
Dino Master
Tribe: Floogals

Re: Issues with new servers --- post here

Post#2 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:04 am

I have been playing on the Pvp cluster the center under milhouse. The issue i was having last night was that i was "rubber banding" around the place so im not sure if it was something on my side or not

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#3 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:27 am

Milhouse wrote:I have been playing on the Pvp cluster the center under milhouse. The issue i was having last night was that i was "rubber banding" around the place so im not sure if it was something on my side or not

I was on last night and i didnt experience any of that, anyone else? would like to know if people didnt experience it, so we can isolate the issue.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Jaysee
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Belan

Post#4 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:59 am

Swish and I had zero lag or rubberbanding, was beautiful!

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#5 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:09 am

I was on the PvP Island map, and did get a small amount of rubber banding but no more than I get on official OC servers.

I would recommend that people who get rubber banding do a trace-route or similar to check that your modem isn't suffering packet loss. I know for a fact that my modem does have some packet loss, and this causes occasional desync with the servers causing rubber banding.

Ark by default has rubber banding issues, and this is exacerbated by server connections over distance.

I actually thought the PvP cluster ran quite well, better than the pre-wipe servers.

There are a number of VPN Gaming 'tunnels' that can be used, I personally use WTFast, however these cost about $3 a month. This is not advertising their product, it helps my connection most times but not all, and I have friends that it has not helped at all, so it's not for everyone and a trial is recommended first.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#6 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:18 am

I got some banding and a few timeout DCs but nothing more than usual.

At this point Munki has the premier Ark server in the country. it pretty much all comes down to crappy code now. If/when they optimize it for real things like banding might stop.

50-60 ping solid.

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#7 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:22 am

King_Kiff wrote: If/when they optimize it for real things like banding might stop.

Next full update should be it hopefully, optimization was supposed to happen this update but was pushed back.

Lucifer
Survivor
Tribe: Whatever

Post#8 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:29 pm

The resource stacks mod doesn't seem to be working on the scorched earth PVP cluster server as everything is at default stack sizes E.G 100 wood / 200 fiber rather then the increased amounts.

Edit: Scorched earth resource stacks is working fine for sand/cactus sap etc its just the default items that aren't.

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Post#9 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:01 pm

Lucifer wrote:The resource stacks mod doesn't seem to be working on the scorched earth PVP cluster server as everything is at default stack sizes E.G 100 wood / 200 fiber rather then the increased amounts.

Edit: Scorched earth resource stacks is working fine for sand/cactus sap etc its just the default items that aren't.

This plus also I've tried twice to bring over silk to the island and both times it has disappeared.

Crash
Survivor
Tribe: [Blackwatch]

Post#10 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:44 pm

40 Player cap on PVP Cluster sucks, recommend lifting to 60 because full tribes can't get on as is and if it's going to be this active then more people are gonna start joining when they have a chance to, now that it's been wiped, that we're gonna seriously need the increase.

Haven't been able to get on today thanks to full server & as it stands right now it's "44/40".
Last edited by Crash on Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.