PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Builder tip - retrieve fert eggs that go under the map

Have you come across something that might interest others? or sick of people asking the same questions, post it here for others to find.
Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Builder tip - retrieve fert eggs that go under the map

Post#1 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:18 pm

Hi all,

Seems this has affected a few people, so I'll let you know how we solved the problem.
Issue? While breeding rexes, poor Jesus realised that the fertilized egg had dropped through the floor of the map. We both lay down, pressed K, and sure enough, there it was, out of reach. The solution? Egg and Poop collector :)

If you can, use the demo gun to quickly pick up the nearest egg and poop collector (check it's in range of power where you're going to place it) and place it down roughly above where the egg is. Switch it on, and the fert egg should appear in the collector. Worked for us, and can be done quick enough to return the egg and poop collector back to its original location.

Good luck.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Re: Builder tip - retrieve fert eggs that go under the map

Post#2 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:17 pm

Great suggestion Builder. The collector will work in a 72 foundation radius, so to get around significant egg losses when I lived in the swamp (there was a map texture issue) I had an egg laying room with the collector in the middle - works a treat every time.

As for the baby wolves that kept heading south, adios.......

CreeperSyn
Survivor
Tribe: Cursed Syndicate

Post#3 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:22 pm

for mammals and things that give birth i put them on a foundation with their butts sticking off so the baby would fall onto the ground and not under the earth (im explaining this really badly)

Pretty much i would have a row of foundations 1 higher then my floor along a wall with a ramp up one side. i would put the mummas on top and back them up as far back as i could that they were still level with the foundation (not with its butt on the ground and head pointing up) then when the babies are born they either get stuck in the mother (whistle or ride mumma away) or they fell on the actual ground and not under it. It was a real problem with ovis and this was how i got around it before the wipe.

Also with egg collectors be careful where you hatch :P before munki nerfed the radius id have people flying a quetz nearby with one on that picked up a few eggs

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#4 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:33 pm

CreeperSyn wrote:for mammals and things that give birth i put them on a foundation with their butts sticking off so the baby would fall onto the ground and not under the earth (im explaining this really badly)

Pretty much i would have a row of foundations 1 higher then my floor along a wall with a ramp up one side. i would put the mummas on top and back them up as far back as i could that they were still level with the foundation (not with its butt on the ground and head pointing up) then when the babies are born they either get stuck in the mother (whistle or ride mumma away) or they fell on the actual ground and not under it. It was a real problem with ovis and this was how i got around it before the wipe.

Also with egg collectors be careful where you hatch :P before munki nerfed the radius id have people flying a quetz nearby with one on that picked up a few eggs

Good advice as well Syn. Where my breeding room was in the swamp the rock textures were hollow so the babies would just keep heading south. It apparently had something to do with the placement of my behemoth gate as well (protruded below the earth height). The collector on Quetz was great, you could fly around the swamps and come back with heaps of Boa eggs as they lay on render