PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

[Closed] Allow Multiple Survivor Profiles?

Vote on what features or changes the server needs.
Let us know your thoughts on other topics with the polls posted here.

Allow Multiple Survivor Profiles?

Yes
48%
No
39%
Dont' Care
13%

Total votes: 23

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

[Closed] Allow Multiple Survivor Profiles?

Post#1 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:09 am

I have had a few queries regarding additional player profiles for crafting accounts, so a player can make certain traits in different profiles to keep up with the larger tribes.

My question to you is, should we allow this?

Please voice your opinions/concerns and let me know what we should do?
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Ragnarok
Veteran
Tribe: Gypsy Vikings

Re: Allow Multiple Survivor Profiles?

Post#2 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:35 pm

Personally I am for this and also the use of alt steam accounts being used as an alt account wouldn't be quite as much of a pain in the ass to use. However ideally a classic mindwipe mod such as https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... /952579788 would be the best option imo.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#3 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:00 pm

Ragnarok wrote:Personally I am for this and also the use of alt steam accounts being used as an alt account wouldn't be quite as much of a pain in the ass to use. However ideally a classic mindwipe mod such as https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... /952579788 would be the best option imo.

For those of you who have not already installed this on your servers, it appears WC is planning to add in a server option for unlimited respecs again! That may cancel the need for this mod. I won't remove the mod until Ark releases(August 8th), to be sure that this doesn't get revisited, but wanted to make people aware that WC is giving the option to enable it without a mod.

Recent twitter update from Jeremy:
Lots of new server & gameplay options coming in tomorrow's ARK PC v260 update including "Allow Unlimited Respecs" and "Prevent Spawn Anims"!

ok so we shall see what v260 provides
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Salty_Bulldog
Gatherer
Tribe: Bulldog Brewing Co

Post#4 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:28 pm

I'm against multiple profiles/accounts being used. Usually ends with people abusing it somehow.

I'm all for multiple respecs though. Modded or otherwise.

Brettis
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Christie Sims Fanclub

Post#5 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:50 pm

Yeah, I'm for enabling unlimited mindwiped when patch hits.

Bluebaron
Survivor

Post#6 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:25 pm

I'm for enabling the infinite mindwipe when the patch hits as for alt accounts i see no issue as long as the server pop knows what accounts are the alts and maybe a rule where the crafting alts cant raid and maybe have a obvious name to the tribe Eg Crafting alts (gypsies) etc.

Ragnarok
Veteran

Post#7 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:26 pm

Bluebaron wrote:I'm for enabling the infinite mindwipe when the patch hits as for alt accounts i see no issue as long as the server pop knows what accounts are the alts and maybe a rule where the crafting alts cant raid and maybe have a obvious name to the tribe Eg Crafting alts (gypsies) etc.

This is a good idea allow alt accounts till the patch hits aslong as the name is obvious for what they are.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#8 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:49 pm

Well if alts were not allowed I was going to just get my brother to join our tribe and just log in when we want to craft something lol. He lives in a different house so the IP address would be different too ;) I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be possibly doing this as well, and there will be players, esp. solo players, who may not have the means to do this (rightly so not wanting to break a rule and not having friends willing to buy the game just to make a 'crafting' account). These players would then be at a disadvantage to players like me who get someone to log in just to craft for me. Our tribe only has three in it, with two active members, so it's easy for us to add a fourth as a crafter.

Tollan
Fresh Spawn
Tribe: Nox

Post#9 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:42 pm

In line with what Builder said, there are many ways to easily and secretly circumvent any restrictions you try to place on this.

In this situation where a rule is unenforceable it only disadvantages the honest or the technologically challenged.

Ragnarok
Veteran

Post#10 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:15 pm

- New host option to allow unlimited respecs. ?bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=true
Appears that will solve our problem tomorrow?