PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Regarding the update schedule

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Waffle Man
Fresh Spawn
Tribe:

Re: Regarding the update schedule

Post#11 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:09 pm

if it makes anyone feel better im apparently stuck floating in midair with my friends unable to reach me after my game crashed when the server last restarted and my client force updated. im most likely going to die of fall damage when i log back into the game either that or im going to lose everything i had on my body. (i didnt get any notifications about the server restarting) so im now locked out of the game not knowing what will happen to me or my freshly tamed spino

Glaceon
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#12 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:15 pm

I know the feels deadzy, server ain't up.

Sp4zz13
Gatherer
Tribe: @The_Tribe

Post#13 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:39 pm

Hi Munki,

Can we please get a server update, server is empty and has been for most of the day.

Regards,

Spazziee

MajorSmashbox
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#14 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:54 pm

Locked out over 12 hours now. Munki, this update schedule thing will kill this server man.

For the love of god, please just set the server to auto update

Waffle Man
Fresh Spawn
Tribe:

Post#15 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:59 pm

so are we just going to have to wait a few days in order to play again?

Ron De Mexico
Survivor
Tribe: 8008315

Post#16 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:48 pm

The server reboot takes 5 mins which is an eternity waiting to get back on.

says Admin on update schedule. :roll: Try Hours!!!

Sproose
Survivor
Tribe: Mamadas

Post#17 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:10 pm

Seriously, we need to vote to have the server auto update. We should not be dependent on Munki to get around to updating the server when he can (who would want to work on weekends???) so we can play.

Anyone agree? Anyone know how frequent updates are released these days?

P.S: Is it possible to have an auto update schedule, say once per day at a set time (like the reboot), instead of immediately when new updates are released? This might give a balance between interrupting playing vs not be able to play...

Exodus
Fresh Spawn
Tribe:

Post#18 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:18 pm

so any update on when we'll be able to play again, or are we just sitting here twiddling our thumbs still?

NealieGotcha
Dino Tamer
Tribe:

Post#19 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:22 pm

nice... ffs

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#20 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:31 pm

Sorry guys for the downtime, if you have issues PM me on the forums so i am notified by email, posting messaging on the forum wont get an immediate response.

Server has now been updated

Server doesnt auto update as soon as a patch is released (which is good if there are bugs and the server is wiped), there is no ability to do that, i have to save, stop then update, then start the server manually.
I can do a schedule update, but people have had major roll back issues when i do that, and it will run regardless if there is an update or not, interfering with gameplay.

I understand people play at different schedules, this is the first time i have missed a release, and i apologise. But please PM me and i will log right in and do it immediately, i cant keep refreshing the steam forums all day to know when the next release is (and they constantly change the release times), hence the schedule.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net