PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

[Closed] Wipe on ARK retail release in August?

Vote on what features or changes the server needs.
Let us know your thoughts on other topics with the polls posted here.

Would you like the PvP Cluster to be wiped on that day?

Yes
34%
No
52%
Dont Care
14%

Total votes: 29

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Re: Wipe on ARK retail release in August?

Post#21 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:28 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:Also having less maps will of course increase server pop as theres less places to travel to, everyone seems to gravitate to Ragnarok, even tho its buggy and 1/2 completed, but having additional maps allows people to get dinos when there are limitations (e.g TheIsland spawns always seem to have issues).

If we restrict the next cluster to two maps can I please ask that Ragnarok be one of them? :D Since using griffins I don't know how I could fly around the map without them now XD

DrunkMunki wrote:...perhaps i should introduce structure protection for the weekdays again! (again more work for me, yay!) and maybe 20x ORP2 on the weekends, maybe instead on 12am start, maybe 5am start on Saturday then finish at maybe 11pm on sunday ... suggestions?

I think this would be good. If you do decide to go back to raid only weekends, maybe a 5am start would be good to remove any allegations of raiders 'camping' bases at midnight to raid them. Either that, or allow raiding from like 6pm Friday. Can be open to negotiation.

Builder
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Builders/The Datcave

Post#22 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:35 pm

King_Kiff wrote:
DrunkMunki wrote:
Crash wrote:SNIP

I honesty think builder has the right answer with a map attached to the cluster with no base damage.

Whereas I do appreciate the support, I do see Munki's point of another map being another cost/map to maintain and inherently having it's own set of issues and exploits that other players have brought. Sadly things in theory don't always work out in reality.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: All Aussie Adventures

Post#23 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:03 am

Builder wrote:
King_Kiff wrote:
DrunkMunki wrote:I honesty think builder has the right answer with a map attached to the cluster with no base damage.

Whereas I do appreciate the support, I do see Munki's point of another map being another cost/map to maintain and inherently having it's own set of issues and exploits that other players have brought. Sadly things in theory don't always work out in reality.

Yeah but in all reality we already have 5 to many servers or more, we can do with shedding pretty much all the PVE server (sub munki the $5 a month or F off I say) and then we have all the space we need. Simple solutions to simple problems. Your idea is more than worthy of a try seeing as the most recent changes have flopped hard.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor
Tribe: Solo Player

Post#24 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:05 am

King_Kiff wrote:Yeah but in all reality we already have 5 to many servers or more, we can do with shedding pretty much all the PVE server (sub munki the $5 a month or F off I say) and then we have all the space we need. Simple solutions to simple problems. Your idea is more than worthy of a try seeing as the most recent changes have flopped hard.

(1)" sub Munki $5 or F off" could also apply to the PvP server, it's easy to be dogmatic but your comments suit your self not the group. As Munki has said there are very loyal players on the PvE cluster and he wants to look after them. The loudest complaints come from the free PvP server.
(2) I don't think the recent changes have flopped hard at all, the same people playing the same game have just been spread across the servers. The game is being released after 2 years of alpha access, I really can't see a flood of new buyers on the way.

As I said in my other post, it is up to all of us to attract new players and fill the clusters, otherwise it's just the same voices saying the same thing time and time again. Next time you log on, spend 5 minutes on Reddit or SurviveArk promoting the servers.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor

Post#25 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:44 am

DattoSSS wrote:
King_Kiff wrote:Yeah but in all reality we already have 5 to many servers or more, we can do with shedding pretty much all the PVE server (sub munki the $5 a month or F off I say) and then we have all the space we need. Simple solutions to simple problems. Your idea is more than worthy of a try seeing as the most recent changes have flopped hard.

(1)" sub Munki $5 or F off" could also apply to the PvP server, it's easy to be dogmatic but your comments suit your self not the group. As Munki has said there are very loyal players on the PvE cluster and he wants to look after them. The loudest complaints come from the free PvP server.
(2) I don't think the recent changes have flopped hard at all, the same people playing the same game have just been spread across the servers. The game is being released after 2 years of alpha access, I really can't see a flood of new buyers on the way.

As I said in my other post, it is up to all of us to attract new players and fill the clusters, otherwise it's just the same voices saying the same thing time and time again. Next time you log on, spend 5 minutes on Reddit or SurviveArk promoting the servers.

there is no point in trying to cover it up, we are back at the same spot we where at player wise before the wipe, stagnating, I check the numbers regularly and its between 10-20 players. As for being "loyal" PVE players, well be loyal pay the $5 and get the proper premium PVE experience Munki has on offer. I think even having a PVE cluster is pointless when you offer a great PVPVE cluster like he does.

I mean I just checked and for a Sunday morning we have 4 players on the PVP server, that is dead. A weekend used to draw heaps of players.

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor

Post#26 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:59 am

King_Kiff wrote:there is no point in trying to cover it up, we are back at the same spot we where at player wise before the wipe, stagnating, I check the numbers regularly and its between 10-20 players. As for being "loyal" PVE players, well be loyal pay the $5 and get the proper premium PVE experience Munki has on offer. I think even having a PVE cluster is pointless when you offer a great PVPVE cluster like he does.

I mean I just checked and for a Sunday morning we have 4 players on the PVP server, that is dead. A weekend used to draw heaps of players.

Cover it up? Have a look at the officials if you want a control sample.

So what are you doing to help? Everyone wants to tell Munki what to do, nobody is out there telling the population we exist.

Look through the history of this very forum, it's a merry go round of the the same debate time and time again.

We need larger exposure, not new shiny things.

King_Kiff
Ultimate Survivor

Post#27 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:06 am

DattoSSS wrote:
King_Kiff wrote:there is no point in trying to cover it up, we are back at the same spot we where at player wise before the wipe, stagnating, I check the numbers regularly and its between 10-20 players. As for being "loyal" PVE players, well be loyal pay the $5 and get the proper premium PVE experience Munki has on offer. I think even having a PVE cluster is pointless when you offer a great PVPVE cluster like he does.

Cover it up? Have a look at the officials if you want a control sample.

So what are you doing to help? Everyone wants to tell Munki what to do, nobody is out there telling the population we exist.

Look through the history of this very forum, it's a merry go round of the the same debate time and time again.

We need larger exposure, not new shiny things.

I disagree. The current setting have led to the player drop. Simple as that. Offline raided whilst having ORP = players leaving.

We need a combo of shiny new things, settings and marketing. Over time I have brought many new players to the server, just not many if any stay.
Last edited by King_Kiff on Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#28 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:07 am

King_Kiff wrote:I mean I just checked and for a Sunday morning we have 4 players on the PVP server, that is dead. A weekend used to draw heaps of players.

Just a FYI, i wouldn't use today as an example as there was a 3.8 GB update, some people take a while to download that, delaying their access.

Also the PvE server is there for people who wish not to pay the $5 (its basically an unmanaged game)... BUT considering its using the old server, its not interfering with the new server environment where the PvP and Whitelisted server are based.

The issue is with exposure as Datto says, there are like tens of thousands of ark servers out there, many find it hard to find good servers... why because there are so many out there, getting MULTIPLE people saying good things about this community would help assure them its worth the investment of their time.
I have done what i can to promote it, but coming from 1 individual... who doesnt play... is like a single voice in a crowd.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

DattoSSS
Ultimate Survivor

Post#29 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:55 am

King_Kiff wrote:I disagree. The current setting have led to the player drop. Simple as that. Offline raided whilst having ORP = players leaving.

We need a combo of shiny new things, settings and marketing. Over time I have brought many new players to the server, just not many if any stay.

It's cool to have a debate Kiff, a difference of opinion provides the vigilance we need to keep the servers relevant to the group, not just the vocal individual.

I agree to disagree, I would like to see comparison proof to the officials and to prior wipes where settings were not changed.

I had 31 people in my tribe on officials once, driven by a core of 6 very dedicated, strategically intelligent players who also had careers and real life competing priorities. They all left the game, for reasons I won't waste time with here, unless people want to hear it, but suffice to say they will never come back due to the official server experience.

It's up to us to get the word out there that this server cluster is far better than officials or the unstable unofficials that are out there.

Jaysee
Dino Tamer
Tribe: Belan

Post#30 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:33 am

Stick wrote:From what I have gathered, tribes are not interested in PVP. Im tired of trying to make this happen only for players I have previously PVP'd with to whinge about the encounter as it did not go their way or meet their expectations.

Yeah we haven't had any PvP this wipe at all either, is pretty sad.