PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

SoTF: 1v1 Battle - October 28th @ 7pm

Announcements for Special Events and Competitions will be posted here. Keep a look out.
Stick
Veteran
Tribe: Powerpuff Boys

Re: SoTF: 1v1 Battle - October 28th @ 7pm

Post#21 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:55 am

Sad to see this didnt work out.

Maybe a little too much forward planning worked against you?

I have said it before, your servers need to be wiped every 4-6 weeks to keep up player numbers.I know you meant well by giving everybody ample time for this great event but the timing of the event coincided with a massive drop in player numbers. All the healthy servers around have been wiped in October and then there is over 100 other servers with no players. PlayArk has been around long enough to stay populated but keeping these long wipe times kills your player base. I seem to have this same statement every second month for the past year when players disappear.

Unofficials have now become 15/20x to counter the long build times, most Ark players are long term players who dont want to spend 300 hours building a massive base every 4/8/8 or even 12 weeks. I think its time you make some massive changes to keep up with the times or otherwise this may potentially be the last we see of playark :(

You will constantly hear people whinge that they dont want to wipe but they end up up moving on 2 weeks later. I know you like to listen to the masses but it seems like Ark players dont even know what they want.

Jamison135
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#22 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:00 am

Only 1 person, that's quite sad. Seems to be getting hard to get good matches going for sotf these days. It's a shame, such a fun game.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#23 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:07 am

Jamison135 wrote:Only 1 person, that's quite sad. Seems to be getting hard to get good matches going for sotf these days. It's a shame, such a fun game.

i was told it was due to Halloween coming up, people having parties on the weekend...
If you know of others that are willing to play i can organise another event, need min of 6 people ... but more would be better and more fun, i'm just a 1 man band here, not many really help spread the word of PlayArk ... expect me to do everything.

Stick wrote:Sad to see this didnt work out.

I agree, and i know what you're saying, and i have bought the hardware for another server i plan to setup in Brisbane (just waiting on a better CPU).
This will give me the resources to spread things out, as when the PvP server was around 40 people it got laggy due to other games running on it... and i plan to wipe more often and have less rules... also Aberration will be out soon which people will start playing again.

I also plan to have more events when the servers get popular, instead of in game items (potential abuse of unique items...) and since i can't give out skins anymore since they are everywhere, might use steam cards or any other suggestions?

oh and good to see an old player still visiting the forums :)
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Jamison135
Survivor
Tribe:

Post#24 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:34 am

I'll send some messages to people I used to play with on steam, see if I can drum up some more interest in the game. Unfortunately none of my real life friends play anymore after the survivor league finished... Kinda wish the Devs would come back and update the game again

Blizzard
Dino Master
Tribe: One Girl Wolfpack

Post#25 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:31 am

DrunkMunki wrote: not many really help spread the word of PlayArk ... expect me to do everything.

I have been spreading the word everywhere I go, to old players and new, and I had just recruited some old players back on, telling them how awesome the whitelisted servers were but sadly I am now unable to play on whitelisted... Maybe there are a lot of people talking playark up behind the scenes that you don't know about. ;)
Blizzard