PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

[Closed] Should the PvP servers have structure protection?

Vote on what features or changes the server needs.
Let us know your thoughts on other topics with the polls posted here.

Should i enable structure protection on weekdays and allow raiding only on weekends?

You can't vote on this poll. Reason: You haven't posted in this topic.

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 13

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

[Closed] Should the PvP servers have structure protection?

Post#1 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:56 am

i need you to post your reasoning before voting, thanks.
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Swish
Gatherer
Tribe: Belan

Re: Should the PvP servers have structure protection?

Post#2 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:03 am

Hi hi Munki,

I was one the first to make my way over to the donations page, having played between wipes, structure protection totally sold me on being able to play the game without devoting my entire life to it. It really was a new meta, the banter - threats of "wait till the weekend you CUCK, I'm coming" was always good fun and allowed me time to rebuild and restock.

I would only ask you consider reviewing the odd meta created via your stat weights for imprinting, which appears to have been done to compensate for the wild dino damage. This impacts both PvP and PvE, I feel the difficulty setting turns players off - at a certain point it becomes redundant anyway.

Salty_Bulldog
Gatherer
Tribe: Bulldog Brewing Co

Post#3 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:06 pm

I personally do enjoy the raiding to be weekend only. With PvP 24/7.

As a solo/duo player who works full time (and who's friends work full time too) it can be very time consuming to get a decent base together. Knowing we can't be raided by someone who plays through the middle of a weekday is a real morale boost. I played 100s of hours on official pvp, and it quickly loses its fun when you're forced to play a game like its your job 24/7 so you don't lose all of your progress.

I'm sure it doesn't matter for large tribes, but for the smaller ones and solo players we can't afford to regularly play a game if we come online on a Tuesday night to see our weekends work completely gone. If I get wiped on the weekend, at least I feel like I had the chance to defend myself (or have defences ready), even if I decided not to play that day.

If the consensus was 24/7 raiding enabled, I'm not sure I would have the motivation to sink any time into it. ORP might need to be brought back in.

Otherwise inevitably you have one alpha tribe take control of your server and systematically keep wiping anyone who tries to get going, people won't bother playing, and again you'll end up with dead servers. With weekend raiding only, it gives people a real chance to get setup with turrets and spare loot caches if they do get attacked on the weekend.

Solarus
Fresh Spawn
Tribe:

Post#4 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:26 pm

Yo,

my 2c.

as a full time worker that gets a few hours a night, i found the original premise great. being able to do staff after work without having to worry about getting home and finding my base raided was a bonus and what kept me on the server. I found weekend raiding to work as its easier to plan raids and allows people to be online to "fight back". PVP throughout the week was fine, just not raiding.

cheers
Adam

Crash
Survivor
Tribe: [Blackwatch]

Post#5 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:58 pm

I joined when weekday protection was last enabled and it was 100% of the reason I chose your server over others because as a solo at the time it meant I didnt have to devote stupid amounts of time to the game without being worried id come home from work wiped. It was a nice peace of mind, however being in a tribe now that concern has lessened so I don't mind anymore.

However, it will draw in more people and interest for similar reasons if weekday protection is enabled, so for the server's sake and many a player's sanity, I'm going to vote to bring it back.

The only exception woukd be if a raid is CURRENTLY in progress that the server's restart be delayed until one side wins/gives up.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#6 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:01 pm

Crash wrote:The only exception woukd be if a raid is CURRENTLY in progress that the server's restart be delayed until one side wins/gives up.

unfourtunately theres no way to know this, but i dont reboot the servers on the weekends so it doesnt interfere with raids...
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#7 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:52 pm

Personally not something that overly bothers me, but i do believe it attracts a larger player base so +1

Edit: Could more information be added please Munki, e.g. ORP2? or like base game offline prevention.

Panda
Survivor
Tribe: NoNoNo

Post#8 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:55 pm

Heya Munki,

Im all for ORP2 x50 or x100 or what ever to prevent offline raids even a stone wall will take 1000 plus c4 to blow in, although it will need a activation timer tho to prevent raid logging and no some 15 min i mean 1h plus as most bases will take more then that to get into anyway. weekday protection is great but it has its downfalls ppl will put up buildings all over the map mainly turret towers, as there is weekday protection you cant just blow them up, but now making us have to fly around them to avoid been killed. i have seen this happen a lot.

cheers,

Gambit
Veteran
Tribe:

Post#9 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:53 pm

If anything i'd do ORP and raiding as long as people are online, otherwise people just won't play weekends... lol

Don't put ORP stupid high either, because it's just dumb

inFernum
Fresh Spawn
Tribe:

Post#10 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:26 pm

Being from North America, the time zone difference will cause the purge to start on Friday for myself. Not sure how much of the population will be from NA, but it could cause some conflict. A highly boosted ORP2 with some measures against combat logging would be more appropriate for a global server.