PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

[Closed] Should the PvP servers have structure protection?

Vote on what features or changes the server needs.
Let us know your thoughts on other topics with the polls posted here.

Should i enable structure protection on weekdays and allow raiding only on weekends?

You can't vote on this poll. Reason: You haven't posted in this topic.

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 13

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: Should the PvP servers have structure protection?

Post#31 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:52 pm

Crash wrote:Maybe but that's still a load of crap to limit turrets on an unofficial.

You're gonna have people wiping tribes with literally one dino and 0 need to heal = people leaving because there's no point = empty server.

I'm not seeing the logic in a turret cap on a 20x server that's only real raiding rule is no foundation wiping. Lag or no lag, half the point of raiding is being able to get past an enemy tribe's defences. 150- unless you're in a cave (and even then), you might as well just invite them in. You can argue "then defend it yourself" but I'm not seeing anything stopping cowardly 3am raids. "Can't protect everyone" well they're not even being protected with a turret cap.

I mean, sure, this is only my 2c, but 150 turret cap is f***ing stupid and I think everyone knows this.

only option is 1 million turrets to defend your base .... which is stupid, expect to be raided, then return the favour, evens the playing field, reduces the lag, and allows u to pvp
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Crash
Survivor
Tribe: [Blackwatch]

Post#32 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:59 pm

When was the last time you ever heard of people open pvping? It just doesn't happen enough to even worry about. Attackers are usually griefers (attacking tames, for instance) and the defenders will almost always just bail unless they're desperate / have a huge upperhand (which is almost never the case because the attackers are, as said, usually griefers).

Having a turret cap is not going to invite more pvp, it's only going to cause faster raids / base demolishing and keep less players interested or staying.

But I mean you're the admin and I'm just a PVE player playing with a bunch of pvpers who've played with and without the turret cap, tried to open pvp, raided and defended against raid parties, etc etc on both settings, so what do I know.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Post#33 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:08 pm

Stucture protection will be enabled weekdays only.

Closing topic because its getting off topic and servers are now live
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net