PlayARK Australia has moved to GamingAlliance.Net,
GamingAlliance.Net covers a larger number of games.
This forum is now locked for historical purpose/reference.
Please visit GamingAlliance.Net or join their discord at https://discord.gg/asFpJ7A

Any chance for a separate Extinction Core Mod in PvE clustered?

This is where you can discuss anything, doesn’t have to be related to ARK.
Please no Spamming/Advertising or Abuse.
Plexor
Donator
Donator
Tribe: Zenith

Any chance for a separate Extinction Core Mod in PvE clustered?

Post#1 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:17 pm

Hi Munks,

I have been lurking around the forum post but I do not see any clustered servers running Extinction Core in PvE.

I get the "balance issue" some players claim the tamable alpha dinos are OP, the Titanosaur and bosses this is why I recommend adding it to PVE server and I find that KOing all dinos and babysitting them with narcs gets till the tame bar completes is "getting old" besides the modder of "Extinction Core" claim his vision for this mod is for small tribes which that is suited to the current settings of playark.com.au PvE environment.

Extinction core gameplay allows the use of "Opiates and Potent Opiates" that speeds up the hunger of the KOed dino so it significantly tones down the babysitting and the "danger" of the dino getting hit by wilds and ruining the Taming Effectiveness.
Plus EC works well with S+ and Automated Ark which is already available.

If players don't want to tranquillize every dino they see there is an option for passive taming for most herbivores and non-aggressive carnivores.
The only catch is a player need to reach a certain level of passive taming a dino ie, "Trike" on level 20 etc.

This mod will definitely spice up the PvE environment as the alpha dinos, Titanosaur and bosses will spawn randomly on maps.
Last edited by Plexor on Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin
Tribe: Admin

Re: Any chance for a separate Extinction Core Mod in PvE clustered?

Post#2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:54 pm

Hello Plexor,
We have had a Extinction Core, as well as a Hardcore server (even offering first person to 100 wins a $20 steam gift card) but none were popular, i dont see a demand for it, please im happy to be proven wrong!
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Plexor
Donator
Donator

Post#3 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:23 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:Hello Plexor,
We have had a Extinction Core, as well as a Hardcore server (even offering first person to 100 wins a $20 steam gift card) but none were popular, i dont see a demand for it, please im happy to be proven wrong!

Hi Munks,

Just curious, are you able to find out why the Extinction cores servers are not popular?

I think I read somewhere previously that you set it as PvP and I get the gist of tribes having a head start with tamed alpha dinos coming over and wiping fresh players bases? Perhaps this may be the issue?

Also what were the rates when you had the extinction core server? Perhaps I can suggest some rate settings inclusive of breeding times and imprinting intervals for optimal play on for a few hours on for max imprinting.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#4 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:39 pm

Plexor wrote:Hi Munks,

Just curious, are you able to find out why the Extinction cores servers are not popular?

I think I read somewhere previously that you set it as PvP and I get the gist of tribes having a head start with tamed alpha dinos coming over and wiping fresh players bases? Perhaps this may be the issue?

Also what were the rates when you had the extinction core server? Perhaps I can suggest some rate settings inclusive of breeding times and imprinting intervals for optimal play on for a few hours on for max imprinting.

Never got to a point where there were alphas, only had about 2 people play on it, and they only occasionally did.. i believe i announced it in an email aswell... but no one really was that interested... if theres bigger demand im ight but at this stage i wouldr ather use the resources for other games as we have plenty of ARK servers now.

I might do another SoTF event now that we have AusARK with us.. and will bump up the prize money maybe :)
For emergencies such as server going down email: drunkmunki[at]gamingalliance.net

Plexor
Donator
Donator

Post#5 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:51 pm

How sad,

Extinction Core is really a good mod for small tribes settings / servers with low player base and there a quite a number of changes to Ark's vanilla gameplay.

Perhaps not many are experience taming alphas with current mods on your server as I know there are not many guides out there and some youtube videos show their ark gameplay is heavily modded.

Taming alphas need some preparation as they have high amounts of topor and there is a certain set of dinos in EC which players have to tame in order to obtain alphas easily.

As for SOTF, I find that game mode a little too fast for me for ARK style.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#6 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:59 pm

Plexor wrote:As for SOTF, I find that game mode a little too fast for me for ARK style.

Even if you might win $100 ?

Plexor
Donator
Donator

Post#7 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:19 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:
Plexor wrote:As for SOTF, I find that game mode a little too fast for me for ARK style.

Even if you might win $100 ?

Well, I am a person to go "All-in" to get a prize if the game mode is leaning towards e-sports.

Right now I do not have enough hours for SOTF, "0" in fact and I find the player base for SOTF not as large as Vanilla ark with or without mods. There are talks within the STEAM community that "SOTF" is abandoned by players along with lack of developer support and what not and I don't see the point in investing my playtime for SOTF.

It has nothing to do with your efforts as I know you did a lot for your servers and the blame can be pointed to WildCard who botched their marketing.

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#8 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:22 pm

Plexor wrote:There are talks within the STEAM community that "SOTF" is abandoned by players along with lack of developer support and what not and I don't see the point in investing my playtime for SOTF.

I beg to differ, if you visit http://ts.playark.com.au/sotf-reports/
you can see each game played and its result, PLENTY of people still playing :)

heres an example of a popular match - http://ts.playark.com.au/sotf-reports/2 ... 23368.html

Plexor
Donator
Donator

Post#9 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:04 pm

DrunkMunki wrote:
Plexor wrote:There are talks within the STEAM community that "SOTF" is abandoned by players along with lack of developer support and what not and I don't see the point in investing my playtime for SOTF.

I beg to differ, if you visit http://ts.playark.com.au/sotf-reports/
you can see each game played and its result, PLENTY of people still playing :)

heres an example of a popular match - http://ts.playark.com.au/sotf-reports/2 ... 23368.html

Lol, you really do prefer SOTF than vanilla ark do you?

The thing is how often these matches are on in playark.com.au?

DrunkMunki
Server Admin

Post#10 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:07 pm

lol, i suck at it ...
but its still popular, and instead of grinding away, you can just pvp .. you die you can watch them keep playing... each match lsts for a short period .. im just saying SoTF (event hough no longer supported) its still popular.. and its free.... and good enough for competitions...
anyways, we digress...